AndreaPlanet.com - My door always open to you * Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 4:06 am 
Site Admin

Why are these images free?
Because I like to share my work :-) !

How you create these images?
I developped a software that do all the work. The program use a database with over 30000 nature photos to create a new photo that match the original photo.

Can I download the software?
Yes. Visit the AndreaMosaic Page

How much time do you need to create a mosaic?
The program is very fast, it is written in Assembler language, so it takes less than one hour to generate an image. But there are also many options so normally I need some hours to finish a photomosaic.

I think the program does a very complex work, is this true?
Yes, because it is not easy to find out the right process. The first release of my program was quite simple but it works ok. Only after many months of work I finally got a program that with few photos is able to create a very good mosaic. There are some other people out in the world that do the same job, and I can freely say that the quality of my images is really very high (maybe the best) compared to the other guys

Will you ever make a business of this work?
No. Sometimes I create a big poster for someone and If you need one for commercial use or something special for a gift then feel free to ask me. Until now I never asked any money, at last this is a free service!

I really want to have a Photomosaic program on my computer, where can I find one?
Try this link: Photomosaic Link Page

Last edited by Andrea on Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:29 pm 
Come on...I currently have over 78 thousands...yah..that's right....THOUSANDS......pictures of all sorts....can I have your mosaic program now ??? Thank you....send email it to : ccao2@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
Come on...I currently have over 78 thousands...

Download it from here: http://andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/

Post subject: Photos
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:30 am 
Hi, first of all, congrats for this amazing program, dude, i always saw this pictures i wonder how can do that, now, thanks to you we have a easy way to do this. I wanna know if there`s any way to get a bank image, i want to do something like Ayatoweb (http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e/ae50_e.html#), u I haven pics to do that, where i can get some pics?

Thanks a LOT!

Nelson
niwasiuk@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Photos
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

check email ;)

Post subject: wow! assemply!?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:42 pm 
ei! im a student of computer science and i was just wondering how did u learn all the stuff needed to make a program like this using only assembly?!
we have assembly course but it only discusses the basic stuff and im wondering if you could maybe lead me into where i could learn more about assembly hehe.. i was really inspired by your program hehe i was thinking how to make one just like it and the algorithm needed was a little bit too hard for me to think! hahaha your really a good programmer and i hope i could be more like you in terms of skills in programming :D

hope u could help me become a better programmer :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:44 pm 
its juffee3@yahoo.com.. hope u could reply :D i registered but the activation was just too long for me to wait to write to you hehe...

tnx :)

Post subject: Re: wow! assemply!?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:04 am 
Site Admin

jupi wrote:
ei! im a student of computer science and i was just wondering how did u learn all the stuff needed to make a program like this using only assembly?!
we have assembly course but it only discusses the basic stuff and im wondering if you could maybe lead me into where i could learn more about assembly hehe.. i was really inspired by your program hehe i was thinking how to make one just like it and the algorithm needed was a little bit too hard for me to think! hahaha your really a good programmer and i hope i could be more like you in terms of skills in programming :D

hope u could help me become a better programmer :D

Hi Jupi,

I learned the assembly language around 1988 and now I use it very rarely for example in AndreaMosaic. But also that program I wrote in 1998, some years ago as you can see.

I don't suggest you to write a program entirely in assembler, it is a low level language useful for some task. AndreaMosaic was written at 99% in C++, and some core code in Assembler. With Visual C++ it's easy to integrate both languages.
Also for my job I write programs mainly in Visual Basic, because it take less time to make programs, then I integrate it with libraries and controls writte in C++ (and theorically also in Assembler).

Assembler language used inside C++ is easy to learn. But I suggest you to write first the program in C++ and only then change some code into Assembler, but only to speed up the program. If it's fast enough then you don't need that.

An example of C function:
Code:
inline int sum(int a, int b)
{
    return a+b;
}

Same code changed into Assembler (note: int is a 32 bit integer):
Code:
inline int sum(int a, int b)
{
    _asm {
       mov  eax,a
       add  eax,b
   }
}

In this case the change into Assembler is useless beause the compiler does the same job (or even a better job when integrated with other code).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:07 am 
Hey,

I have to give you a big-ups, because a woman at my church brought in the wonderful photomosaic. She thought it would be a good idea for us to do one of pictures from around the congregation, outreaches, childrens ministries and such. I used your program to create one and she was just floored at how well it came out. Prior to this I pretty much knew nothing of this form of art.

Thanks again,
Grace and Peace to you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Revdrtone wrote:
Hey,

I have to give you a big-ups, because a woman at my church brought in the wonderful photomosaic. She thought it would be a good idea for us to do one of pictures from around the congregation, outreaches, childrens ministries and such. I used your program to create one and she was just floored at how well it came out. Prior to this I pretty much knew nothing of this form of art.

Thanks again,
Grace and Peace to you.

Nice to know :)

Blessings!
Andrea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:52 am 
[ :lol: they are great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:54 am 
:?: :D did you set up this website on your own

Post subject: Great Work but ...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:24 am 
Great work on the program. On big tile sizes it came out pretty well. My only beef and hopefully this is something you can work on in the next release is the way the program eats up a huge chunk of resources. I have 512MB of RAM on my machine and when I tried doing 100 tiles per row the program becomes unresponsive.

Post subject: Re: Great Work but ...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:30 am 
Site Admin

madman101 wrote:
Great work on the program. On big tile sizes it came out pretty well. My only beef and hopefully this is something you can work on in the next release is the way the program eats up a huge chunk of resources. I have 512MB of RAM on my machine and when I tried doing 100 tiles per row the program becomes unresponsive.

If you want a giant mosaic try to use the extra button for very big sizes.
If you raise the numer of tiles x row then you have to reduce the tile size else the final image will have too many pixels.
For example 100 pixels x tile, and 100 tiles x row for a standard source image means a 100 Megapixel mosaic.